I look forward to cold evenings so I can make recipes like Taco Soup. There is nothing that tastes so good when it is cold (or cool like Texas) than a warm, slightly spice soup with lots of cheese. Deborah, a friend of mine shared this recipe with me awhile back, and I have loved it ever sense. Besides how good it tastes, it has a few other things going for it. It only takes a small amount of work to make a big pot of soup. I hope you really enjoy it. It re-warms very well and freezes well too. Just add the cheese and tortilla chips after you re-warm it.
- 2 cans Original or Chunky Rotel Tomatoes
- 2 cans chicken broth
- 2 cans Ranch style beans
- 2 cans Minestrone Soup
- 2 lbs ground beef
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded cheese
- Brown the 2 lbs of ground beef. Season with a little Johnny’s seasoning salt and fresh ground pepper. Drain grease.
- While beef is browning, pour all of the cans into a large pot and begin to bring to a boil.
- When the beef is cooked, add to the pot and let simmer until boiling.
- Dish soup into a bowl, add broken tortilla chips and mix.
- Add shredded cheese to top