I love making pies, and every year I look for a new recipe or 2 to add to my repertoire. I love mint and chocolate together so when I found this recipe on www.pillsbury.com/recipes. I had to try it. This was one of the first pies that was polished off. Enjoy it.
Creamy Chocolate Mint Pie
- 1 deep dish pie crust
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 package (4-serving size) cook and serve chocolate pudding (not the instant kind)
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 t peppermint extract
- 3 to 5 drops green food coloring
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup Andes mint baking chips
- 1 cup Whipping cream
- Powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake pie crust according to pie shell directions. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In a 2 quart saucepan, stir together milk and pudding mix; cook as directed on package.
- Continue cooking over low heat, while adding chocolate chips, stirring until melted. Set aside
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, 1/2 powdered sugar. peppermint extract and 1 to 2 drops of green food coloring until smooth.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of Cool Whip.
- Spread cream cheese mixture in pie shell. Top with chocolate mixture.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours until set.
- Beat heavy whipping cream until stiff. Add powdered sugar to taste. Add peppermint to taste as well.
- Decorate pie with whipped cream. Sprinkle with Andes mint baking chips