If you have ever been to a potluck at our church, then you have seen or had this recipe. My grandmother used to bring it ever time before she died, and now I bring it. I can almost guarantee that you won’t be bringing any home. It is wonderful eaten by itself, or served over rice. Besides the wonderful flavor, the best part is it is a “fix and forget it” meal to prepare. It cooks in a crock pot for at least half a day or more.
Sweet and Sour Meatballs
- 15 1/2 can of crushed or diced pineapple
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 1 package meatballs
- Place 1 package of meatballs into crock pot on high.
- Drain 15 1/2 oz can of pineapple (crushed or pieces) into a 1 cup measuring cup.
- Add enough water to the pineapple juice to make one cup, and pour into a sauce pan.
- Mix with juice: 2 T. cornstarch, 1/4 c. apple cider vinegar, 1/2 c. brown sugar, 2 T soy sauce.
- Whisk with juice in saucepan to get rid of the lumps
- Heat and stir until clear and beginning to thicken.
- Add the drained pineapple to sauce
- Pour over meatballs in crock pot.
- Cook for at least half of the day or longer.
- It needs to cook at least half of the day to get the sauce to go through the meatball.
- If you use 2 packages of meatballs to fill your crock pot, then double the sauce recipe.
- It freezes well for another meal.