This recipe was so easy to make. It makes a quite a large quantity and warms up well. It tastes good over rice and potatoes as well on its own. My sons rated this dish as a “Mommy, you can make this again” meal.
Poppy Seed Chicken
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup (10 3/4 oz cans)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 cup crushed butter flavored crackers ( I used club crackers)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, soup, sour cream, and poppy seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and butter. Set aside 1/2 cup for the topping. Stir remaining crumbs into the chicken.
- Transfer to a 11 x 7 inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Top with the reserved crumbs, sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly.
- Tastes great served with additional fresh grated Parmesan cheese on top.
- It freezes well.