This is a great recipe if it is late at night, you are exhausted, and you need a dessert to send in your child’s lunch tomorrow. I decided to try this recipe on such a night. They are so easy to make and make 50 cookies!
No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 3 cups oats
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts (I omitted due to someone with a nut allergy)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Mix oats, dark chocolate chips, walnuts (if using), and peanut butter in a large bowl and set aside.
- Heat sugar, margarine, and milk over medium heat on stove, bringing to a rolling bowl for approximately 1 minute. Remove from heat and add vanilla
- Pour sugar mixture over dry ingredients and mix well, adding more oats if necssary.
- Drop by spoonfuls 0nto wax paper and allow to cool.
- Crunchy peanut butter works well in this recipe for an added texture especially if omitting the walnuts
- These cookies harden fast, so work quickly.
- Store in a air-tight container
- Each cookie is 118 calories