I found several varieties and reposts on multiple blogs with this recipe when I started to search for blueberry cookie recipes. Now that I have made the recipe, I see why it is on so many blogs. I had to add it to mine. These cookies taste like a great muffin. So you could almost rename this recipe as a cookie/muffin or breakfast cookie. Hope you enjoy it as much as my family is.
Brown Sugar Blueberry Cookies
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 t. salt
- 1/2 t. baking powder
- 1 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 c. packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 T. milk
- 3/4 c. fresh blueberries
- 1/2 c. granulated white sugar (used for rolling dough in)
- Heat oven to 375º. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper or grease them. Set aside
- With mixer, cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Scrape sides as needed.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Add milk and mix. Dough should be combined and a little sticky. If it appears dry, add a little more milk.
- Fold in blueberries carefully.
- Roll dough with the palms of hands into 1 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll balls in bowl of white sugar
- Place on prepared baking sheets 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 16 – 18 minutes. Switch sheets from top and bottom racks of oven half way through.
- Cookies are done when centers are set and lightly colored.
- Cool on cookie sheets for 3 minutes, then remove and cool on wire racks until room temperature.
- If you damp your hands before rolling the dough it will help the dough not to stick, as well as help the sugar to stick to the balls. . Be careful though that you don’t get the dough too wet from your hands.
- These cookies are quite tall and do rise up and out quite a bit. 2 inches a part is definately recommended.
- I haven’t tried it yet, but this recipe should taste good substituting strawberries for the blueberries.
- Each cookie is about 87 calories.