Tag Archives: instant pudding
As promised in an earlier post, here is another blueberry recipe. Just a heads up, I have a lot of blueberries frozen still, so there will be more to come. This cookie recipe uses chocolate chips instead of white chocolate chips like the last one. When I saw this recipe on www.blueberry-haven.com one ingredient really caught my attention, and I know I had to try it. It was an ingredient I have never seen in a cookie recipe before. I won’t tell you what it is but will let you guess. This cookie dough is a very dry dough, but don’t worry about it. It helps compensate for the juiciness of the blueberries.
Chocolate Chip Blueberry Cookies
- 2 1/4 c. flour
- 1 t. baking soda
- 1/2 t. salt
- 1 c. butter, softened
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 2 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 c. blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla until fluffy and creamy.
- Beat in pudding mix
- Add eggs and beat well.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt until blended.
- Gradually add to butter mix and beating until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and blueberries. Mix well.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls on un-greased baking sheet or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 9 – 11 minutes, or until cookies are lightly browned and crispy on the edges.
- Remove from baking sheet and cool on wire rack.
Makes 2 1/2 dozen
Did you guess the intriguing ingredient? It was the instant pudding mix.