Tag Archives: Oat flour
As promised here is another recipe involving blueberries. I have to say, I was intrigued with this one because of the combination of using flour and ground up rolled oats. Let me tell you, it adds such richness to the taste of the cookies that I think I might try some more experimenting with other cookie recipes using that combo. I’m not a huge white chocolate fan, but even saying that I loved these cookies. My family gave them a great big thumbs up. With the ground oats and blueberries they can be almost healthy. You get your whole grains as well as antioxidants. What a great excuse to eat more. Also I just have to add these cookies are very pretty.
Blueberry, Macadamia, and White Chocolate Cookies
Makes about 18 cookies
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 t. baking soda
- 1 1/4. salt
- 1/2 c salted butter, melted
- 1/3 c. white sugar
- 1/3 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 t. vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2/3 c. white chocolate chips
- 2/3 c. macadamia nuts, roasted and roughly chopped
- 2/3 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat oven to 350 º F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Grind oats in the food processor or blender until fine.
- In a large bowl whisk together butter and sugars until combined. Whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- Mix in the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Stir in the white chocolate chips and macadamias, then gently fold in the blueberries.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough on to prepared baking sheets. Allow room for dough to spread.
- Bake for 13 – 15 minutes until cookies are a deep golden brown.
- Toast macadamia nuts in the oven for a few minutes but watch them, they will turn to burning quickly. I tend to under toast a little to be safe.
- These cookies do spread quite a bit so leave plenty of room between each scoop of dough.